So, I got a little behind with Simplify Your Life. But that’s ok. I’ll just start catching up. Simple, see?
Week six was all about goal setting. At the beginning of the year, I brainstormed a whole two pages of goals. And they were good, honest, earnest goals. But they weren’t all necessarily going to improve my life all that much.
Now that I’ve had a think about my values, my mission statement and the areas of my life that need the most work, it is easier to set just a couple of goals. I used the S.M.A.R.T. acronym with these too – making the goals specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely. No airy fairy-ness allowed.
- Establish a regular quiet time – at least four times a week. I want this to be a habit within a month.
- Every two months, read a book that will grow and challenge me in my faith.
- SCHEDULE in a fun activity with my boys every week – effective immediately!
- Starting with March, create a monthly budget.
- Starting in March, begin a savings plan with the aim to go on a family holiday this year or next.
- Plan a monthly date night, beginning in March.
- Plan a monthly outing for the whole family.
I don’t *think* that I have over-committed myself here, but the proof’s in the pudding. I have no doubt that Deb will have us reviewing these during the year, so I’d better get onto it so I don’t look like a fool ;)
Did you set resolutions this year? Are you a goal setter? How are things going?